Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Whole Wheat Oatmeal Pancakes (for Mama and Baby)


This morning I really wanted to make pancakes that the Baby and I could eat. She loved the pancakes I made her a couple of weeks ago, but those had breast milk in them, so I didn't get to eat them.

 
 I searched far and wide for pancakes that abide by all the Baby ingredient restrictions, but could not find any. I didn't want any milk or whole eggs in the recipe. I couldn't find the right recipe so I opted to make one up and it turned out great, so I will share.

Serves: Mama and Baby, maybe a little bit for Daddy too
Time: 15 minutes

Ingredients
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup quick oats
1/2 cup applesauce
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2 egg yolks
3 Tbsp. yogurt (I used vanilla because that is what I had on hand)
water as needed

Directions
Combine all ingredients except water in a blender and pulse a few times to moisten flour. 
Add water 1 Tbsp. at a time and blend, until you reach a batter consistency. Use a spatula to scrape edges of blender and pulse a couple more times.
Heat a skillet over medium heat. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
Reduce heat to medium low. Pour batter by the spoonful onto pan and cook for a couple of minutes each side. Enjoy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment